- minced chicken/beef-300 gms
- chicken stock – 50 ml
- coriander – 2-3 sprigs
- kaffir lime -2 leaves cut into fine julienne
- red onion/shallot- 1 large/150 gms
- freh mint – 4-5 sprigs
- toasted rice-10 gms
- red chilli dry-1-2 can increase if you want it hotter
- lime juice- from2 limes/lemon could be used but has completely different flavour
- fish sauce- to taste
- cabbage leave- from a quarter cabbage approximately 200 gms
- cucumber- 150 gms sliced
- heat the chicken stock and add the minced meat and cook lightly. it should be juicy and moist and not coloured. the essence of most thai salads is the balance to achieve in crunchy, juicy and oozing with flavour from various fresh herbs and flavourings
- combine roasted rice and dry chillies and pound or blend to a coarse powder.
- add sliced onions,chopped coriander, lime, lime leaves,fish sauce to the cooked mince.
- just before serving add in the mixture of the rice.
- serve with wedges of cabbage and slices of cucumber to spoon up the tangy mince. the salad should be swerved just slightly warm, not cooled down.
. . . → Read More: larb kai /larb neuy /minced chicken or beef salad thai style