- 500 ml cream heat and add crushed lemongrass stems abt 5 .
- mix 6 egg yolks with 60 gms sugar and add the hot cream mix whisking well
- Divide into ramekins or oven proof ceramic bowls. then heat in a water bath for abt 25 mins at 300 F, has an amazing refreshing flavour. tastes even better if you let the lemongrass infuse for longer.
- chill overnight.then top with some brown sugar and dried lemongrass powder. caramelise with a blow torch or under a hot grill, in the oven,till it starts to get all nice and brown, and voila, ur done.
. . . → Read More: lemongrass creme brulee,
15 egg yolk+150 g sugar
Whisk together till light and creamy
60g cornflour+100g cocoa powder mix together
900g dark chocolate+500g butter melt in microwave on low
15 egg white +150g sugar, beat together to form a meringue with stiff peaks
Before all the above things are accomplished,make sure yu have apre- heated oven to 200 C.
then add the melted butter /choc mixture to the eggyolks, incorporate the cornflour/cocoa mix, and finally fold in the egg white. grease about 40 ramekins ( 60-70gms mix )with butter , and grain sugar. pour in the mixture to about 3/4th of the height, then pop into the oven.Bake for 8-10 minutes, if you want it soft centered,or about 4 minutes more if you want it more dry.(good idea in this case is to cover the top with some foil.
serve hot with some vanilla ice cream..
. . . → Read More: Chocolate souffle
- cream cheese-2.2kg
- sugar 690 gms
- 6 egg
- 12 egg yolks
- 180 gms sour cream/labneh drained yoghurt
- vanilla essence 30 ml
- corn flour 80 gms
- mixed berries 200 gms or melted dark chocolate or whatever the hell yu want (tastes gr8 when spiked w/ baileys)
125 deg C for 80 mins.
whip the cream cheese till completeley soft and creamy .use philadelphia/elle et vire/anchor/pinar . add the sour cream/ labneh/ drained yoghurt.
add the sugar and corn flour.add the eggs(yolks +whole slowly till incorporated)
add the berries or whatever else you wanna flavour it w/.
bake at the temp mentioned above.leave overnight in the chiller.atleast !!!
this is important the mixture shld get time to settle, also if the cheese cake seems to getting over browned from the top cover w/ aluminium foil. and also when baking use a water bath..
and name it cheesecake al la fatman .
On the request of my now wifey , am adding recipe for a biscuit crumb base.
- butter- 100 gms
- grain sugar- 100 gms
- biscuit crumbs-200 gms.
mix all well. press down hard in the cake tin, then bake for abt 5 mins.then pour in the cheesecake batter , and bake as before.
you could also use a mixture of
- 100 gms butter
- 100 gms white sugar
- 200 gm flour /or 180 gms flour and 20 gms “home brand 100%cocoa powder”, available in nz , from countdown, foodtown, woolworths, its as good as valrhona /dgf .has 21.6 %fat content , which in the case of cocoa powder, is a sign of good times.
drool over the results …and be happily ever after!!!!!!!!!
. . . → Read More: Cheesecake or should i call it simply irresistible
- 450 gms butter – cream well till fluffy
- alongwith 450 gms grain sugar till all sugar is incorporated.
- whisk 11 eggs separately till mixed.
- add the eggs a little at a time to the egg and sugar mixture.
- add 1/4 tsp vanilla essence/altrnatively can add lime zest/rum/whisky/alcohl of choice.
- sieve 550 gms of flour with 1/2 tsp of baking powder.Add 1/4 tsp dry or 20 gmcandied ginger+1/4 tsp cinnamon, nutmeg and some mixed cake spice. fold into the mixture.
- Add some blackjack, i.e caramel, with a bit of water to keep it flowing, to add some more colour and flavour.
drop in muffin trays/or cake molds..bake at 375 deg F. 12-15 mins for muffins and 45 ++mins for cake.
for fruit cake replace 250 gms or more depending on how rich you want the cake to be of flour with dried fruits. mix them with the flour.end of the process add like flour.Aslo with fruit cake its better to replace the sugar with brown sugar.gives better colour and flavour.
IMPORTANT- after baking cake, baste with alcohol liberally.it will be better, not on the same day, but a day after and so on.
the fruits can also be soaked in alcohol before,the longer the better.
Also no BLOODY TUTTI FRUTTI -good quality nuts, dates, raisins .,black currants , candied ginger, candied orange peel,chopped up.
. . . → Read More: in the century of the fruit cake or was?:””..)it muffin