Dave our It dude, made some fabulous fruit bread and here’s the recipe straight from heart.
self raising flour sifted -3 cups
Mixed nuts and seeds- 1 1/2 cups
mixed berries- 1 cup
Dried mango- 1 cup
water- 2 cups
Extra virgin olive oil- 1 glug ( yes 1 glug)
mix all the dry ingredients. mix water, milk and glug and add the dry ingredients to the this mix.
pour into a greased baking tin or 3 and bake in preheated oven at about 180 c for about 35-40 minutes.
cool down , slice toast and butter and you’re ready to roll.
A take on a classical italian dessert- pana- milk , cotto is to cook so literally cooked milk, set with gelatine and creamy, this one is flavoured with sitafal, an amazing fruit from india, there is a caribbean relative called soursop, but sitafal is sweeter and creamier.
- cream- 500 ml
- milk- 500 ml
- sugar- 100 gm
- gelatine- 15-20 gms depending on which country you are making it in.
- water – to soak the gelatine- 50 ml
- sitafal puree/ pulp- 750 gms
- cardamom powder- large pinch
- Soak gelatine in water.
- heat milk and cream, add sugar and stir until dissolved.
- add in the sitafal pulp and gelatine and whisk well. depending on how sweet the sitafal is you might need to slightly increase sugar quantity.
- flavour with cardamom and allow to cool down. set in individual glass bowls of small plastic shot glasses like i did( 80 x 60 ml) + got some extra.
- chill for a minimum of 2 hours or overnight
back after almost closing down for a few months due to huge ammt of rubbish and spam, and will be rocking again with new and old recipes and random reflections on life as i see it
Welcome to WordPress. This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then start blogging!