This is the home made version of a famous chilli sauce called Lao Gan Ma but this is better because we make it from scratch. This I learnt actually from my student Hao Wang ..
- chilli flakes- 2 T / 20 g
- chopped garlic- 1 t/ 10 g
- Oil -50 g
- sesame seeds- 1 t / 5 g
- chilli powder/ paprika-1 t
- fermented dry black beans -1t/ 10 g
- sugar- 5 g
- stock powder / ji jin – 1t/ 5 g
- sesame oil- 1 t/ 5 ml
It’s fairly simple to make and stays for months in the fridge . Heat the oil and saute the garlic and beans and once it smells aromatic add chilli flakes-Do Not BURN.. then add the sesame seeds and let brown lightly .finally add the chilli or paprika and sugar , stock powder and sesame oil. Chill and serve with dumplings and so on..