This recipe is in two parts and take two days to finish..roughly as in you start one night and the next evening you can have your bread.
- Water 100 g
- Flour 90 gm
- Rye flour or whole wheat flour – 10 g
- Sour starter- 10 g
- Mix and keep overnight
- The next morning
- take all starter and add to
- water 400 g
- flour 540 g
- whole wheat flour -60 g
- salt 12 g
- then you autolyse this.( Autolyse is a term used by bakers to make you feel inadequate). It’s just light mixing to let the gluten get hydrated .
- keep for 30 mins . And the you stretch and fold.. ..I’ll try and put some vdos to show this but it’s really simple . You pull the dough and fold into three like a trifold .
- then rest for 15 mins and repeat and do this 4-5 times.
- let the dough rest then for 8-12 hrs in the fridge or a cool area so it slow ferments and develops complex flavours .
- Divide into two boules or baguettes.. pre heat the oven to 230 C.shape and slash the bread. I will look to make a vdo and add that on at some stage .
- Preheat the tray or stone you are baking on and slide the prepared doughs ( do it on non stick baking paper) Bake for about 30-35 minutes.
- Cool down on wire rack .