Tiramisu is delightful italian dessert made from sponge fingers layered with a kind of mousse/ cream of mascarpone , eggs an cream. This is my evolved version which has baileys or amarula in the cream and kahlua in the sponge fingers. works very well and tastes mind blowing.
So how this works is you have to make a cream mix with eggs, sugar , mascarpone and cool down then whisk in the cream and mix them togther without overworking the cream or it will split.
Then you dip the sponge fingers in the coffee syrup.(coffeee , hot water and kahlua), but you only dip not make mushy. then in a container or a glass, you carefully arrange them in layers. one layer of sponge, then cream and so on.
I have made this so many times from 10- to a few hundred portions a work, that these days i dont even have to measure anything, but thats me, Dont be like me, get a proper measuring scale and weigh it. if you want less or more of something go ahead, for things like sugar it can but not for everything. If you are stuck, i can demonstrate via ZOOm or some other medium too
Sponge fingers 400 gms- usually 1 packet
Mascarpone cheese 1 kgs
Eggs 4 nos
sugar 120 gms
bailey irish cream – 30 ml or more if like it boozy
Kahlua or another quality coffee liquer 50 ml
coffee powder-10 gms /2 t
Whipping or thickened cream 250 ml
- Whisk eggs over double boiler till thick and fluffy.
- Combine with softened mascarpone.
- Add in baileys irish cream / amarula.
- Whisk cream and fold into above mixture .
- Dissolve coffee powder with hot water and dip sponge fingers inside.
- Layer sponge fingers and cheese mix. keep in the fridge/ freezer to set
- Dust with cocoa powder before service.