With sourdough there are hundreds and thousands of recipes that you can find but all you need is practice..
This recipe is in two parts and take two days to finish..roughly as in you start one night and the next evening you can have your bread.
- Water 100 g
- Flour 90 gm
- Rye flour or whole wheat flour – 10 g
- Sour starter- 10 g
- Mix and keep overnight
- The next morning
- take all starter and add to
- water 400 g
- flour 540 g
- whole wheat flour -60 g
- salt 12 g
- then you autolyse this.( Autolyse is a term used by bakers to make you feel inadequate). It’s just light mixing to let the gluten get hydrated .
- keep for 30 mins . And the you stretch and fold.. ..I’ll try and put some vdos to show this but it’s really simple . You pull the dough and fold into three like a trifold .
- then rest for 15 mins and repeat and do this 4-5 times.
- let the dough rest then for 8-12 hrs in the fridge or a cool area so it slow ferments and develops complex flavours .
- Divide into two boules or baguettes.. pre heat the oven to 230 C.shape and slash the bread. I will look to make a vdo and add that on at some stage .
- Preheat the tray or stone you are baking on and slide the prepared doughs ( do it on non stick baking paper) Bake for about 30-35 minutes.
- Cool down on wire rack .