A take on a classical italian dessert- pana- milk , cotto is to cook so literally cooked milk, set with gelatine and creamy, this one is flavoured with sitafal, an amazing fruit from india, there is a caribbean relative called soursop, but sitafal is sweeter and creamier.
- cream- 500 ml
- milk- 500 ml
- sugar- 100 gm
- gelatine- 15-20 gms depending on which country you are making it in.
- water – to soak the gelatine- 50 ml
- sitafal puree/ pulp- 750 gms
- cardamom powder- large pinch
- Soak gelatine in water.
- heat milk and cream, add sugar and stir until dissolved.
- add in the sitafal pulp and gelatine and whisk well. depending on how sweet the sitafal is you might need to slightly increase sugar quantity.
- flavour with cardamom and allow to cool down. set in individual glass bowls of small plastic shot glasses like i did( 80 x 60 ml) + got some extra.
- chill for a minimum of 2 hours or overnight