Dina, who is a childcare educator at Viraajs day care , is an ex-chef and had this recipe which wowed all the children, so this post is dedicated to her .
To cream together
- 125 gm butter
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 +3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
Dry ingredients( sieve twice to ensure they get well mixed)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- pinch of ground cloves( here ive reduced the qty which dina had)
- 2 +1/4 cups plain flour
4 tablespoons dark cocoa powder
2 cups of grated zucchini
- 1/4 cups of dark chocolate chips
- preheat oven to 180 C/ 375 F.
- cream butter, sugaroil then add in eggs and vanilla till well blended
- Mix in milk and lemon juice.( the acid in the lemon juice helps the baking soda to act). +the baking soda when used with cocoa powder gives it a richer darker colour.
- Add in the dry ingredients to the creamed mix.
- Stir in the zucchini.pour into large cake tin or 2 loaf tins, and bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Check that’s done by inserting a toothpick or wooden skewer in the center, it should come out clean.