Mel is one of my co workers in my current workplace at Opal aged care and works as a helper/assistant in one of our dining rooms. Sometimes if ive been nice to her she gets me one of these Cookies, which are amazing. She also says her Nonna makes the best foccacia in the world, and on that point we agree to disagree.
These are like an anzac biscuit on steriods, lots of dry fruit and nut and very very yum..
- Oats 300 g
- plain flour 300g
- dessicated coconut- 250 g
- white sugar- 175 g
- dried apricots chopped-125 g
- raisins-125 g
- macadamia or almonds- 1/2 cup
- butter chopped -150 g
- golden syrup or honey- 40 g
- baking soda/ bicarb- 8 g
- boiling water- 40 g
- line three trays with baking paper and preheat your oven to 160 C.
- combine all the dry ingredients.
- melt butter and syrup together.Add baking soda to the boiling water and mix with butter.
- addthe wet to the dry (as easy as that).
- roll into small balls and keep apart on the baking tray.
- Bake for about 20 minutes till the edges are browned and cool down on the tray .
- Drizzle with extra dark bitter chocolate if you want to be extra wicked !!
2 thoughts on “MEME’s Apricot Macadamia muesli cookies”
We need to compare Nonna’s and Yash’s cookies so we can judge whose tastes better hehehe
This is her own recipe, after that’s it’s really upto to the maker to tweak and see how they like it
Comments are closed.